- Project Coordinator at IPSA International
- Senior Researcher / Research Manager at IPSA International
Karen is Director of Strategy & Development based in Exiger’s Vancouver office. Karen joined Exiger Diligence from IPSA International, Inc., where she assists on special projects and strategy related to the Immigration, Citizenship & Visa (ICV) Practice.
Karen has over 3,000 hours of project and project management experience. She participated in an extensive Citizenship by Investment program review focusing on operational policies and procedures, workflow analysis, operational support, and system recommendations. As part of the review, she managed a large-scale look back of program files and applicants.
Karen managed the development of a risk assessment tool to complement ICV (Immigration, Citizenship & Visa) due diligence reports, and has delivered training on risk-based approach and how to apply it in the context of researching and reporting in due diligence. She also coordinated a large bulk due diligence project for a financial institution.
Karen has significant experience managing and reporting the results of international enhanced due diligence engagements. She previously oversaw corporate and individual background verification reports, supervised research techniques, provided quality assurance, and trained researchers. She also supervised the initial development of training material and procedures for IPSA International’s due diligence research team.
- McGill University, BSc
- Memorial University, B.A.
- Justice Institute of British Columbia, Graduate Certificate, Intelligence Analysis
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- British Columbia Security Workers Licence
- Project Management Institute (PMI)