- Senior Analyst, Alaco
- Analyst, The Risk Advisory Group
- Why Lebanon’s power struggle is fueled by a loss of Saudi support, Newsweek, October 2016
- Israel Faces Gas Export Challenge, Forbes, September 2016
- Oman: Iran’s best friend in the Gulf, The Financial Times, April 2016
- There are still many investment hurdles to overcome for business with Iran, International Business Times, February 2016
Yakir is a Consultant based in Exiger’s Toronto office.
Yakir joined Exiger from the London-based global risk consultancy Alaco, where he was a Senior Analyst. In this role, he focused on business intelligence and anti-corruption investigations in the MENA region, sanctions and terrorist financing risk, asset traces, and a wide-range of dispute-related assignments on behalf of international corporates, financial institutions and law firms.
Before this, Yakir was an Analyst at The Risk Advisory Group. While there, he was responsible for advising corporate clients on trends in the business, security and politics of the Middle East.
- Ben-Gurion University, BA, Middle East Studies and Politics & Government
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, MA, Islamic & Middle East Studies