- Investigator, New York City School Construction Authority, Office of the Inspector General
- Lieutenant, Building Maintenance Section, New York City Police Department
- C.O. Queens North Auto Larceny, New York City Police Department
- Special Operations Lieutenant, 114th Precinct, New York City Police Department
- Sergeant, Major Case Auto Crime Division, New York City Police Department
William O’Brien is Director of Investigations based in Exiger’s New York office.
Bill joined Exiger from the New York City School Construction Authority, Office of the Inspector General, where he was an Investigator responsible for conducting examinations of fraud and corruption in the construction industry.
Prior to the New York City School Construction Authority, Bill held several positions within the New York City Police Department, beginning in the Auto Crime Division and ending as Lieutenant in the Building Maintenance Section. In these roles, he conducted investigations into auto larceny, supervised employees, and oversaw major construction projects from design to completion. While in the Auto Crime Division, Bill was responsible for supervising and investigating sensitive and confidential organized crime investigations.
- OSHA 10 Hour
- CEIC Cyber Security & Digital Investigations Course
- WMD Homeland Security Threat & Hazard Recognition Certification
- NYPD City-wide and National Incident Management Systems Training
- OSHA Trench Certification
- Asbestos Awareness
- 4-hour Scaffold Course