Exiger's Jonathan Ball Moderates IIB's Risk & Compliance Seminar on Emerging Technologies for Foreign Banks
5 Key Questions to Consider Before Implementing New Technology
Technology can help mitigate the escalating costs of compliance, but what should you be considering before you select a solution? Our panelists at IIB shared practical guidance:
- Do you know what your end goal is?
- Does your thought process include a cost-benefit analysis?
- Is it scalable? Do you have tons of data?
- Does it improve the signal instead of make noise?
- Are you trying to do too much at once? Don’t. AI is not a silver bullet.
Exiger's panel "Emerging Technologies in the Compliance and Risk Functions," was moderated by Jonathan Ball, Exiger's Managing Director and Global Head of Analytics and featured:
- Frank Morisano | Chief Risk Officer, Industrial & Commercial Bank of China, U.S. Region
- Alan Williamson | Director, Financial Crime Compliance Advisory, Barclays Americas
- Bill Collette | Director of Product Management - Finance, Risk & Reporting, Americas, Wolters Kluwer
- Walter J. Mix III | Managing Director, Berkeley Research Group
Have any questions or want help with using tech-enabled solutions to tackle your most complex compliance challenges? Contact our team:
- Jonathan Ball | Managing Director & Global Head of Analytics
- Erika Peters | Associate Managing Director
- Derik Reische | Director
- Lawrence Uhlick | Senior Advisor
About IIB's Risk Management and Regulatory Examination/Compliance Seminar
This once-a-year program provides definitive and timely information on key examination and supervisory issues and best practices. It offers an excellent opportunity for experienced officers to be thoroughly updated on new developments and gain practical insights in preparing for examinations. It also gives new officers a solid introduction to the U.S. regulatory system and compliance requirements.