- Head of Entity Verification, Bloomberg
- Vice President, Reference Data Solutions, Alacra
- CEO, Clearpath Immigration
- Managing Director, Global Product Development, FitchRatings
- Vice President, Product Management, Standard & Poor's
- "Why is it so hard to know who you're doing business with?", Banking Technology, January 2016
- "Three Wishes for the GIIN", Inside Reference Data, April 2015
Alan Samuels is a Vice President, based in Exiger’s New York office. As the Global Head of DDIQ, he oversees the development and implementation of Exiger's AI-based KYC onboarding and screening solution.
He brings a unique blend of product management experience to Exiger along with deep know your customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) expertise. Alan's 30-year strategy and product management career has spanned large corporates, including Bloomberg, Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings, along with numerous successful start-ups.
Alan joined Exiger from Bloomberg, where he was Head of Entity Verification. During that time, he developed and commercialized new product offerings to address KYC/AML problems including entity identification and verification, data extraction, summarization and categorization. A Certified Scrum Product Owner, Alan managed multiple teams of data scientists and software engineers covering data science and machine learning services, workflow solutions, web applications and API services.
Before this, Alan was Vice President and Head of Product Strategy for Reference Data Solutions at Opus-Alacra. While there, he had commercial responsibility for developing and marketing Alacra’s KYC data management solutions business line.
He is the former CEO of Clearpath Immigration, a start-up revolutionizing the immigration filing process. Prior to that he was a key member of the executive team that turned around the business at Dotmenu, the nation’s largest ecommerce marketplace for online food delivery, culminating in the sale to GrubHub. He was also a co-founder of People Capital, an education finance platform, where he led the development of the lending platform, private-label services and innovative risk analytics for the student marketplace.
He has extensive experience leading product management, marketing and data operations in the financial information space at Standard & Poor's, Fitch Ratings and WorldPay.
He began his career as a management consultant with Arthur Andersen and Gemini Consulting, where he worked on many engagements across the US, Europe and Africa.
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, MBA
- Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University, M.A. (Hons) and B.A.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)