- Litigation Associate with Sullivan & Cromwell
- Secondee for Sullivan & Cromwell with Federal Defenders of New York
- Law Clerk to Judge Boyce F. Martin, Jr. of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Alison Passer is an Associate Director based in Exiger's New York office, with extensive experience in financial crime investigations.
Prior to her time at Exiger, Alison was a Litigation Associate with Sullivan & Cromwell. While there she represented domestic and international clients in criminal, regulatory, and internal investigations related to the Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering laws, Office of Foreign Asset Control regulations, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, securities laws, antitrust laws, and U.S. taxation of assets held abroad. She regularly advised financial institutions, including commercial and investment banks, on risk management and compliance matters. Alison also prepared and delivered presentations on issues faced by financial institutions for firm and industry audiences, litigated civil cases involving allegations of breach of contract and employment law violations, and provided pro bono representation in criminal and family courts.
While at Sullivan & Cromwell, Alison was seconded to the Federal Defenders of New York. There, she represented and advised clients charged with offenses including narcotics trafficking, arms dealing, providing material support to terrorists, firearm possession, identity theft, wire fraud, housing fraud, and illegal reentry.
Prior to these roles, Alison was a Law Clerk to Judge Boyce F. Martin, Jr., of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Reentry Volunteer for the Montgomery County Department of Correction and Rehabilitation