- Manager, Digital Forensics / Data Analytics at Stroz Friedberg
- Senior Consultant, Intelligence and Investigations at Stroz Friedberg
- Senior Research Data Analyst, at the Educational Testing Service
- Lecturer, at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- German (Native Fluency)
Florian is an Associate Director based in New York at Exiger Analytics, a specialized division that combines cognitive computing with deep domain and systems expertise to deliver the firm’s data-driven solutions and services. He is a trained authority on transaction monitoring.
Florian joined Exiger from Stroz Friedberg, where he was a Manager. In this role, he focused on the evaluation of Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Screening Systems, as well as the application of Data Science to Compliance and Cyber Crime cases. While there, Florian developed a system for harnessing expert judgements in an automated system of fraud detection.
Prior to joining Stroz Friedberg, Florian was a Senior Research Data Analyst at the Educational Testing Service. Florian focused on statistical/NLP research as well as the psychometric assessment and mathematical optimization of the industry’s leading systems for rating written and spoken English, E-rater and Speech Rater. During his time at the Educational Testing Service, Florian co-authored multiple publications on measurement issues in automated scoring, and led the research culminating in the use of a new optimization method for the leading constructed response scoring engine.
Florian is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and is certified in Sanctions Compliance. Florian has earned multiple master’s degrees from the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign and completed a master’s thesis on methods in Nonnegative Matrix Factorization. He also speaks German with native fluency.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, M.S. in Applied Measurement
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, M.A. in Psychology
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, M.S. in Statistics
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S. in Psychology with minor in Mathematics (with highest honors)
- Member, Association of Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)