- Forensic Engineer at Thacher Associate
- Cost Engineer at Moretrench American Corporation
- Assistant Project Manager at Lavada Inc.
- Technical Writer at Domani Consultants
- Basic Spanish
Lirdi Mexhitaj is a Senior Construction Engineer based in Exiger’s New York office.
Mr. Mexhitaj joined Exiger from Thacher Associates, where he was a Forensic Engineer. In this role, he monitored the firm’s regulatory compliance, and conducted audits and investigations of venders suspected of fraud, waste, and abuse. His construction and integrity fraud monitoring work included high-profile capital projects such as the New York City Rapid Repairs Program (Brooklyn), the World Trade Center – Transportation Hub and World Trade Center – Retail Towers, and the Moynihan Station Development.
Prior to Thacher Associates, Mr. Mexhitaj was a Cost Engineer for Moretrench American Corporation.
Mr. Mexhitaj earned his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering at the Polytechnic School of Engineering at New York University. He holds numerous certifications, and is a Licensed Private Investigator in New York and New Jersey.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- Certified Fruad Examiner (CFE)