- Chairman of the New York State Commission on Public Integrity
- CEO of Altegrity
- CEO of Marsh and McLennan Companies
- CEO of Kroll
- Independent Monitor for the Los Angeles Police Department
- Assistant District Attorney, Trial Bureau Chief, Chief of the Rackets Bureau, Chief of the Investigations division for New York County
- Leader of New York State investigation of 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center
Mike is the Executive Chairman of Exiger and has acted on behalf of DOJ, the FCA, and FRB in oversight of a major international bank. A pioneering figure in the world of financial crime, fraud, corruption and money laundering enforcement and compliance, Mike has held senior leadership roles with some of the most esteemed law enforcement agencies and multinational corporations in the world. He is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company’s ongoing engagement with financial institutions and multinational corporations to implement sustainable, global compliance programs. He co-founded Exiger with President and CEO Michael Beber and serves on its Board of Directors.
Widely regarded as an innovator for his ability to build sustainable bridges between the public and private sectors when implementing law enforcement actions, Mike led the development of the independent monitorship as a prosecutorial tool.
Prior to co-founding Exiger, Mike was the Chairman of the New York State Commission on Public Integrity and CEO of Altegrity, Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. and Kroll. In his tenure at Kroll, Mike was appointed by various U.S. federal courts to oversee federal consent decrees with organizations like the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and those in the Long Island carting industry. Mike also served as the independent Monitor for the Los Angeles Police Department.
Mike’s career began as an Assistant District Attorney in New York County, where he then subsequently served as Trial Bureau Chief, Chief of the Rackets Bureau, and Chief of the Investigations division. Mike led the division's investigations on fraud, corruption, and money laundering, which included overseeing the BCCI investigation, and the trial of organized crime figures including John Gotti. Mike also led the state investigation of the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A.
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D.
- Case Western Reserve University’s Board of Trustees