2020 has been unprecedented across the world. The Covid-19 outbreak remains the most significant, shifting drastically our daily life and the life of criminals, forcing them to adapt and develop new ways to thrive. ACAMS‘ AFC Virtual Hot Topics – UK will help AFC professionals to navigate the “new normal”, providing actionable insights in the UK.
AFC Virtual Hot Topics will take a deeper look at emerging fraud typologies with the advent of the pandemic, the change in the sanctions landscape post-Brexit, how to harness new technologies to better identify and mitigate risk, and we will also examine the AFC culture in the region.
Join Exiger’s Samar Pratt for:
Do we have a ‘Culture Problem’?
February 25, 2021 | 15:25 BST
Despite the significant emphasis on the need for a strong AFC culture, many organizations have found themselves facing regulatory scrutiny, based on cultural inadequacies. There is a struggle in striking the right balance between ethics and commercial objectives.
This panel will examine the key barriers to achieving a robust and sustainable AFC culture.
- Discuss how successfully convert core values “from the top” into tangible actions and create personal accountability
- Reflect on how regulatory and commercial pressures can cause a strain in creating the right culture
- Consider your own role in creating the right culture for your organization
Samar Pratt, CAMS, Managing Director, Exiger & CAMS-Audit, Vice Chair, ACAMS UK Chapter
- Dr Annalise Vineer, CAMS, CGSS, Senior Manager – Business Financial Crime Risk, HSBC
- Geoff Howard, Head of Financial Crime & MLRO, Secure Trust Bank