- Assistant District Attorney in the Appeals Bureau of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Roslynn R. Mauskopf for the United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- "A Stitch in Time Saves Nine: Sustainable Compliance in Cyberspace," Corporate Counsel, March 12, 2018
- "Reputation is Everything: Why Lawyers Should Take a Closer Look Inward at Money Laundering Risk," Corporate Counsel, February 9, 2017
- "Under the Bank Secrecy Act, Casinos Must Know Their Players,” ACAMS Today, March-May 2016
- "FinTech: The Emerging Financial Crime Compliance Minefield," Business Crimes Bulletin, May 2016 (Vol. 23, No. 9)
Timothy C. Stone
Timothy C. Stone is a Director in Exiger’s New York office where he focuses on the firm’s FCC and regulatory efforts, helping manage compliance-focused reviews of global financial institutions. In the FCC field, Tim has built extensive knowledge in the areas of complex financial crime risk management and governance.
At Exiger, Tim has reviewed the FCC frameworks of large financial institutions around the world, including in Europe, Asia, and South America. He has led project-based assessments of governance and culture at the Executive Committee level, along with testing and evaluating the organizational structures, resources, and policies and procedures that underpin effective management of AML and sanctions risk. Additionally, he has developed deep knowledge in the areas of sophisticated FCC issue analysis, management, and remediation. Beyond his role in leading the assurance and testing of FCC programs, Tim is a senior member of Exiger’s FCC Reporting Team. In this regard, he regularly oversees the planning, drafting, and submission of reports to the Department of Justice as well as U.S. and international regulatory agencies, and has experience briefing and working with regulators on significant compliance engagements.
Earlier in his career, Tim served for more than six years as an Assistant District Attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. As part of its Appeals Bureau, he briefed and argued dozens of cases in New York’s appellate courts, including its highest court, the New York Court of Appeals. Tim routinely supervised fellow prosecutors in their appellate cases, was appointed to provide legal guidance to trial prosecutors on a daily basis, and, as a member of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Eavesdropping Review Group, oversaw complex applications for eavesdropping warrants.
Tim joined Exiger after serving as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Roslynn R. Mauskopf, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York in Brooklyn.
- New York University, B.A. (with honors)
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D. (with honors)
- St. John's Law Review, Notes & Comments Editor
- New York State Bar Association