- Senior Managing Director, EMEA at IPSA International
- Managing Director at Risk Resolution Group (R2G)
- Consultant at Wipro Consulting
- Director at Kroll Asia Pacific
- Associate Director at Kroll South Africa
- CEO, Creator, and Founding Trustee at Sound Reforms
Hugo is an Associate Vice President based in Exiger's London office. He drives regional growth and leading mandates with a focus on investigations, due diligence and complex strategic projects for clients.
Hugo joined Exiger from IPSA International, where he was the Senior Managing Director for the company’s EMEA region until its integration with Exiger in 2017. While serving as Senior Managing Director, Hugo also held managerial control of IPSA International’s London and Dubai offices.
In his role at IPSA Hugo was primarily responsible for business growth opportunities and client relations throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa. He also played a key advisory role on new emerging market opportunities and initiatives. Prior to IPSA, Hugo was the Founder and Managing Director of Risk Resolution Group(R2G), an award winning emerging markets risk consultancy. It was later absorbed by IPSA International in 2014.
Hugo has over 15 years of experience leading complex investigations and supporting senior corporate, finance and government clients on major transactional and political risks in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Before founding R2G, Hugo spent over 8 years working at Kroll, initially in their London offices, and then subsequently as deputy head of their South Africa office, and finally as a Director in their Asia region, spending 4 years living and working in Hong Kong, Singapore and Indonesia.
Hugo is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS). Hugo earned his Masters of Business degree in Corporate Strategy from the ESADE Business school and his Bachelors of Science degree from the University of Leeds.
- ESADE Business School (with Distinction), M.B.A. in Corporate Strategy
- University of Leeds, B.S.
- Member, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)