- Subject Matter Expert, Anti-Corruption and Anti-Money Laundering, BP Plc
- Senior Lawyer, Clifford Chance LLP
- Co-author “Bribery: A Compliance Handbook” published by Bloomsbury, (2014)
- Expert reviewer for Transparency International UK, “Diagnosing Bribery Risk: Guidance for the effective conduct of Risk Assessments” (2013)
Sam Tate is an Associate Managing Director, Head of ABC EMEA based in Exiger’s London office. Sam is a leading regulatory and compliance advisor with significant practical, in-house expertise in anti-corruption, anti-money laundering (AML), and fraud. Sam also serves as Exiger’s Assistant General Counsel.
Sam joined Exiger from BP PLC, where he was their London based subject matter expert on anti-bribery & corruption (ABC) and anti-money laundering (AML). He held this position during the Department of Justice monitorship of BP and was responsible for advising BP senior management on policies and controls, financial crime risk in M&A and significant contracts, reviewing risk in joint ventures, reviewing risk assessments, and advising on matters in Africa, India, the Middle East, Europe, and Russia. He also supervised a significant number of investigations, assessments, and compliance related reviews.
Prior to his time at BP, Sam was a senior lawyer at Clifford Chance LLP, where he specialized in financial crime and commercial litigation.
Before this, Sam held positions at Holman Fenwick & Willan and Norton Rose LLP.
- Durham University, Bachelor of Laws