- Executive Director - Compliance and Operational Risk, UBS
- Chief Operating Officer, Americas Financial Crime, UBS
- Americas Head of Anti-Corruption Compliance, UBS
- Global Head of Financial Crime Training, UBS
- Head of AML, Wealth Management Americas, UBS
- Blog,"Why I left a distinguished Wall Street career in compliance”
- Speaker,“Anti-Corruption Compliance: Focus on Intermediary Risks”
- Speaker,“AML & Financial Crime Hot Topics”
- Speaker,“AML and Beyond: The Intersection of AML, Anti-Corruption and Sanctions
Tara Loftus is a Managing Director based in Exiger’s New York office, where she is part of the Financial Crime Compliance Advisory practice focusing on anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-bribery & corruption (ABC). She has over two decades of financial services industry experience managing compliance and regulatory risks for global banks and security firms.
Tara joined Exiger after an extensive career with UBS AG. Most recently, she was an Executive Director in the Compliance and Operational Risk Department where she was the COO for the Americas Financial Crime function. In addition, Tara was Americas Head of Anti-Corruption Compliance where she oversaw regional risk assessments to identify potential gaps and supervised compliance implementation. Prior to this, she served as Global Head of Financial Crime Training setting the standards for creating financial crime awareness, training, and education globally.
Tara has also acted as Deputy Head of AML Compliance, UBS Americas where she coordinated the day-to-day operations related to the BSA, OFAC, FCPA, and other applicable laws and regulations for the wealth management, investment, and correspondent banking businesses. She previously held a number of compliance positions at the bank including Head of Money Laundering Prevention for UBS Financial Services, Director of special AML Projects, and AML Surveillance Manager.
Before UBS, Tara was a Compliance Officer at J.P. Morgan and Co., covering equities and was also responsible for conducting surveillance on the firm’s restricted list in the U.S. to ensure compliance with information barrier procedures. She began her career at Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc. in the legal and compliance department.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A.
- State University of New York at Albany, M.A.
- FINRA Series 7 license
- 2016 Co-Chair of SIFMA AML & Financial Crimes Committee
- Past Member, Madison Group, Anti-Corruption Industry Group
- Past Member, Institute of International Bankers, AML Sub-Committee
- Past Member, The Clearing House Association, AML and Economic Sanctions
- Past Member, Wolfsberg Group, Anti-Corruption Working Group