- Senior Consultant, FCC Advisory, Bovill Asia
- Senior Compliance Officer & VP, FCC, BNP Paribas
- Head of Legal and Compliance, Symphony Asia Holdings
- Senior Manager, Transactions Counsel, ANZ
- Banking and Finance Attorney, Allen & Overy LLP; Ashurst LLP and White & Case LLP
Hemali is a Director based in Exiger’s Singapore Office, where she focuses on the firm’s regulatory and financial crime compliance efforts in the Asia Pacific region.
Hemali brings over a decade of experience as a legal and compliance professional having worked at international law firms, financial institutions, and global consultancy firms. She specializes in risk analysis, risk mitigation, and investigations, advising clients with tailored solutions to address their anti-financial crime challenges.
She started her career as an international banking lawyer and worked in the Singapore offices of White & Case LLP, Ashurst LLP and Allen & Overy LLP and moved in-house as a senior financial crime compliance officer in the corporate and institutional banking division of a large European Bank.
Hemali joins Exiger from Bovill Asia, where she was worked as a senior regulatory consultant assisting financial institutions and fund managers in navigating the MAS regulatory requirements with a particular focus on the anti-financial crime requirements imposed by MAS. She was also part of the team assisting the Court appointed Monitor overseeing HSBC’s implementation of the US Department of Justice’s deferred prosecution agreement (DPA).
- Master of Laws – Duke University School of Law
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Mumbai, India
- Master of Counselling – Monash University, Australia
- Admitted to practice law in New York state and India